Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tis the Season-Part 1

...of fun craziness! Thanksgiving zoomed by and now we're just about halfway through December-Christmas is officially 19 days away! I hope everyone is sitting down with their big cups of joe or hot tea because it's been a while since I last wrote!

Starting with the week before Thanksgiving-I accomplished my goal of running a whole 5k
(3 miles) which I did in 35 minutes! Hooray! Josh ran two miles with Nate in his stroller-which is really good for him and that was all I was ever able to do if I had to run with Nate too so he was successful as well. This is all incredible considering the fact that all three of us caught a bad stomach bug which left us sick as dogs for a few days and pretty fatigued right up to the race. I'm sad to say Nate vomited for his first time :( It was heartwrenching to watch because he was frightened on what was going on. But we're all better and trying our hardest to avoid flus and colds as the holidays approach!

We had a great but busy Thanksgiving. We hosted my family here, cleaned up and jumped over to Josh's family for dessert. Then I continued to stay awake until 10am Friday morning to Black Friday shop with some of my relatives :) Two cups of Starbucks made that happen. I was pretty successful for the most part. Then, by Friday afternoon, I was off to Vegas for the weekend!

I stayed at New York, New York which was fine-well our first room had neighbors that were ready to party so we switched but the rooms were nice and everything ran smoothly there. I pretty much hit the sheets as soon as we got there Friday night, but awoke Satruday morning happy to shop at some outlets for the next six hours! Also very successful-would have to say my favorite store of that trip was the Disney outlet store. Much like a Disney store at the mall would be but half price or lower?! Had a ball there for Nate. Afterwards we bolted back to the hotel to get ready for dinner at Tao-the restaurant was busy but the atmosphere was zen like, it was actually refreshing. My sister and I shared sea bass (mmmmmm) and sliced filet mignon which almost melted in my mouth-so good! Then we hit Serendipity 3-just like the one in NY-and I got their famous frozen hot chocolate. It tasted like melted chocolate ice cream, but with a slush texture to it. SO good! I was completely full but thought I'd regret it if I didn't devour every drop so I did. Happily. All the yummy food made us tired so we went to bed-didn't gamble til the next morning before we left. I got lucky-I put money into a 5 cent machine and wound up on a turn with $52! Cashed and walked out at that point. It was a fast but fun trip, exactly what I was looking for in a getaway from home.

Josh had a good time with Nate that weekend-kept busy with our families and walks. I came in and asked how things went-his reply : "I'm tired". Oh good :) It's nice to have people walk in your shoes so they better understand why you want to sit with a book at the end of the day!

Now we're in full holiday mode. Our decorations inside and outside are up, Christmas cards done and sent, Christmas tree up and decorated. We took Nate out to our favorite brunchery this past weekend to have tea with Santa-I was nervous he was going to scream bloody murder but he didn't (once he sat on Santa). He started to whine a little bit after a second but not a full out, terrified scream. Whew. So we won't have great pictures with Santa but they won't be looks of horror either :) Mrs Claus also visited us, along with three elves. We each got a frosted sugar cookie and some apple cider. Nate enjoyed watching the carolers that were there too. It was cute and fun, something we might be interested in making a tradition.

This week we're planning to build a gingerbread house, finish Christmas shopping and start all the holiday baking. At least weather wise it's a good time for all of that-we're in the high 50's/low 60's and it's calling for rain most of the week. This is personally my favorite month of the year but it's pretty crazy with everything needing to get done! All in good fun though.

Stay tuned for Part 2-pictures of the start of the season! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Toodles for now!



No comments: