Friday, November 13, 2009

Uh Oh...

Literally-this is one of Nate's newest words! He uses it when he falls or something drops. So cute. What is an "uh oh" and not so cute...his continued fascination with dogs-their bottoms and what comes out of them to be exact. At least luckily when we're outside and Lily does her thing, he doesn't pounce around in it-but he stands over it, checks it out, then looks at me, like, "Aren't you coming to pick this up?" As soon as we enter the backyard that's the first thing he checks for-if there's poo in Lily's typical poo area. Now that he's seen the action of Lily going to the bathroom, he chases after her, wanting to touch her bottom. All.The.Time. Ugh!

He also just started picking items up and putting them behind his ear, as if he's talking and saying hello. He giggles when I say hello back :) Nate is even pickier with books than before--I read the same books once/2x a day,everyday....zzzz.....but hey, he usually takes good naps and sleeps well at night (well, as long as he has his Motrin again lately-darn teeth!) so in that case I'll read him whatever he wants!

I'm very proud to announce that in another week I will be running my first 5k-yes, running! I've been training the last two months or so to be able to run the whole thing (about 3 miles). Within the last week I finally reached my goal! I haven't been able to do it if I'm running with Nate, but wonders happen if you aren't pushing 30pds around! So I'm hoping come racing time that I'll be able to run the whole thing again. I've come a long way even from two months ago-I'd run half of a mile and be done for! I'm very anxious and excited.

I'm also getting excited now that we're halfway through November-this is my absolute favorite time of year here on out! The weather cools off, there's Christmas decorations and music everywhere (even before Thanksgiving, yeah I'm one of those people!)I just start looking forward to holiday traditions. This Thanksgiving we have an uncle of mine coming from out of town, so that will make it even more special this year. Good food, good quality time with family and friends.

More than likely this will be the last post before the holiday-I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for the health of my friends and family and for all of our quality time together!



No comments: