Saturday, August 24, 2019

Summer 2019

I swear with each year the time goes by faster and faster. Despite not having any big travel plans this Summer out of town, our eight weeks of time off of school went by super fast. Josh was quite busy on a few work trips out of town and he went with Aaron to a Cub Scout camp up north for a few days. Nathan had his first, solo camp away from us with Boy Scouts. He traveled to San Diego, CA for a week with no communication. He was busy each day, all day, with activities.He had a great time!

At home, a lot of days were spent swimming in our pool, in the city pools, doing crafts for my job, trips to ice cream, library for reading program, their Nana took them out for Summer movies, Aaron did a Lego camp for one week with a friend and they both did one camp together for a week at TopGolf. That was the only camp I could get both of them together to do. It's getting more difficult (ahem, Nathan is getting more difficult) to find things to do, things that he actually wants to do. It's even harder with the various age ranges. Preston began swim lessons which were not great at first, but once we switched facilities (or maybe it was also because he got used to them?) things went a lot better. He still continues to go once a week and has really excelled if I think back to Day 1. It helps I think that I allow each child to have "their day" of the week so each person feels like they have a say each week. 



The last day of school called for pool time and snow cones

National Donut Day is always a hit with Nate, though

At the end of Summer, I wanted to do something special to wrap up the time off. I rented 'camping equipment' to have an inside camping night. Following Meet The Teacher, we had a night of pizza, s'mores, "campfire stories", slept under the "stars". The boys got a huge kick out of it so I'm glad I did it. 








No comments: