Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Preston Update

Last I wrote, we were beginning potty training. It did not go well. I tried for a few days, but he was scared of sitting on the potty. He ran from it. When it became noticeable that it was just going to be mommy cleaning up messes on the floor continuously, we were done. In March, Preston began not taking his nap so that has gone out the window too (somehow my boys have always been on the younger end of the spectrum when it comes to ending nap!) That has been a struggle, as I always used the time to work/do house work/self care. More of a balancing act for me but that will be discussed in another post!

At the end of March, Preston started a preschool program. Talk about a saving grace. Two days a week, Preston goes to a program at our gym for two hours. I do have to remain on site and it's not as long or as many days as I would like, but it does give him time with kids his own age and the social time I think he needs. And time for me to workout/do some work! There was an adjustment period as it's also his first time being with people he doesn't know, but now he looks forward to his friends and the things they do. He has even tried using their little potty! It was not until our other boys were 3-3.5 before they were trained so maybe I'll check in at the end of Summer. For now I'm thankful he has a place to go where he can be 2 and NOT potty trained! Being potty trained is a big deal at most places.I'm excited that when the boys start school the end of July that Preston's program, too, will start back up. 




Other Preston facts :

--He loves eating! haha. It's great to have an adventurous eater.

--He still sleeps in his crib. I'm not feeling anxious to move him into a toddler bed at all. Preston hasn't even tried to get out of his crib so unless he grows out of it, he's staying there. Half joking. Half not. That was also another adjustment period for my older boys, it took what seemed like weeks or months for them to stay in bed and not try to get out of their room. He is a pretty good sleeper; going down now at 6:30-7 on his own.

--Talking up a storm now. It's nice to start eliminating the frustration of communication. I can tell he's absorbing what he does in school too - numbers, letters, colors. 

--Continues to be on the high end of the growing curve! A lot of people think he looks older with his height. 

--His favorite place and person ever is his Nana and her house. Every-day we listen about going to "Nana's house". 

--He loves his balance bike. And being outside. He begins swim lessons tomorrow! 

No comments: