Tuesday, June 4, 2019

More Work Updates!

Even more work updates for myself since February.

Still with the magazine and with my promotion role. Hectic at times but going okay.

I did not become a certified sleep consultant until the end of April. In May, I did my first "in home" visit - meaning I went to a client's home where I sat and went over their assessment and then hands on helped them implement it - for twins none the less! It went well. Things generally slow for Summer but come Fall I may have some speaking engagements.



My newest work news is that I have started as an ESL teacher in February - meaning an English as a second language teacher. I teach kids in China. It works kind of like Skype in that we connect via a camera in a "classroom" through the company. I would say the most difficult part has been just getting used to the times I teach - peak time in China is EARLY AM my time (as in 3am, or earlier some days until 7am). Some nights (my time) are also available, particularly during China's Summer months when kids are home. Getting used to being up (and showing and having energy!) has been the the biggest adjustment. I began with a 2nd ESL company not long ago as backup. My hope is the 2nd company will eventually take over the first one, as it has a friendlier teacher policy. I do enjoy the job itself (99% of the kids so far are great and its neat to teach a variety of ages and class types). It has been great in terms of another job I can do around the kids at home (and practically in pajamas!) and its the most money I have made from home yet. I would say the fact that Preston no longer naps has made this a bit harder - I can't exactly lay down for a quick catnap much anymore!

Virtual classroom


Due to sleepy brain I can't remember if this has been mentioned, but I also have another little blogging job with Green Kid Crafts, a subscription mail service of crafts and projects for kids. They pick what crafts they want me to do, the kids and I do them (I take note of instructions and take pictures), I send the company those and they get posted on their social media. Here are some of past projects...

Candle making with crayons

Rock crystal candy making

Painting using yarn

Working electrical circuits - using batteries and LED lights

I enjoy this job too as it allows the kids to partake in it, we do some neat things.

So, life is very busy over here, especially during the now Summer months with everyone home.


No comments: