Not many posts are dedicated to just Josh and I ! It has been a while since I've last talked about our jobs...this is what is going on our professional world!
When Josh isn't traveling (which he has been 25-50% of each month, minus I think two months where he was actually home the whole month!) he is busy working long hours. On top of that, he wears multiple hats with the boys' Cub Scout pack, so chances are once the boys are in bed at night you can find him working on Cub Scout stuff when he is home. We are hoping that 2018 will bring a less hectic, and more time at home year! I suppose it's better to have the problem of work being busy and successful than the other way around.
Other things have developed since I last wrote about my writing job a few months ago! At that time I'm pretty sure I already described my fabric cutting job as being done, at this point I think even if I get asked to do so I will decline. In a way I am thankful for it, because I think it revved my engine of looking and feeling confident to try for other jobs.
I am now writing five columns each month - three for Ocotillo Living (Kids, Recipe and Local Events) and two for a sister publication, Foothills Living (Local Events and a Sports Schedule with professional and local school teams).
A friend of mine created a workbook for a nutrition workshop she is going to run, and asked if I would edit it. So, I have recently just taken that on as well.
In the next few weeks, I will also be writing my first post for a local group called the East Valley Mom's Blog.They are a group of women who write posts about parenting, health, family topics...anything they think moms would want to know/read about! I will be writing one post monthly. While I don't get paid, I'm happy it's still something to go on the resume and has the possibility of being shared nationally. I used my writing from my first issue of Ocotillo Living for the application, so it's exciting to see that start to open doors!
I have been grateful for these opportunities to sort of bring my brain back from writing hibernation!
No comments:
Post a Comment