| Some samples of her cute clothes |
Her shop is online and she does a few markets/pop ups.
I've only really gotten started the last week or two at most. I have never cut a piece of fabric in my life, nor used a sewing machine. (no Home Economics for me in school!)
I'm a bit frustrated to say that things are rocky right now, as I've been doing more harm than good :( At first, with just one type of shorts, I cut right in practice fabric. Since then, I have moved on with different kinds of other shorts, a dress, etc, and it was discovered that I was cutting them wrong! (but not with practice fabric...important, getting ready to sell summer fabric!) So I have felt so bad for wasting fabric, some of which she can't reorder....and there's mamas out there who had put in orders for it! UGH. My boss has been good about answering questions, problem was I felt confident in what I was doing (confidently wrong!) To be honest, I almost thought I was going to get fired, and this was after my "Payday" jar ink was barely dry!
I'm relieved that despite that large mistake, she sounds willing to still work with me...though I'm afraid to touch important fabric for a bit! For now I just want to practice each item on fabric that doesn't matter so I'm sure to get cuts down.
Hopefully I'll have better reporting in the future! It's nice to have more of a part time job, that is flexible and done from home, that I can get even a few extra spending dollars from. To go out to a coffee shop, and feel good knowing I bought the cup of joe myself! You have to understand, I haven't had that feeling in almost ten years. Totally love the hubby and he makes enough to support us, but it's just nice not to have that little ping of guilt when I go to purchase things, especially for myself.
Here's to a better, cutting future!
No comments:
Post a Comment