Get to this??
Half a year old now.
At six months...
--Preston remains a happy and alert baby. That is, until you try to put him in a pack -n-play at night (!) More on that in another post :p
--Rolling, and rolling, and rolling to wherever he wants to go. He otherwise just sort of waves his legs and arms in place. You know he wants to get somewhere, he just hasn't figured out exactly how yet.
--Eats real food now! He takes to it much better than rice or oatmeal. So far, he likes sweet potatoes, butternut squash, peas, carrots, green beans, apples, pears, banana a bit...but you know, doesn't like mango.
| First time making my own. I can see why people buy, it's time consuming. It's been nice though to freeze portions and put some in to-go packets too, though. |
--I know y'all are wondering how he is sleeping, haha! Better! Everything is "consolidating" much better. Since I started to feed him more (I discovered I needed to supplement, and/or that he needed more ounces of formula if given by itself), the sleep started to come. I feel bad, looking back, because it now makes me think that he was probably truly hungry all those times he woke, and cried until I finally fed him! :( Makes me wish our first sleep training person would have asked to double check and be sure his nutrition needs were being met in the first place, as my friend had asked about right away.
Anyway, he is taking two naps, both 1-2 hours, we're still giving him a "dream feed" and then he is typically waking once. I should enjoy this for now, because he has not gotten any teeth yet so my days could be numbered!
--Just had his six month doctor visit - he is lower percentile on weight, but high for length. Yep, another long and lean Kucenski boy, in other words! He has doubled his weight since birth, which is good. He's otherwise meeting all his growth markers and doesn't need to go back until 9 months.
--Definitely knows faces and voices. Definitely also is starting to learn distance, like when mommy and daddy leave his side (or perhaps separation anxiety?)
--Just had his first, big trip out of state! More on that in another post :)
| Puppet book reading |
| Not sure about bubbles popping on him |
| His mood most of the time :) |
--Close to sitting up unassisted. The Easter Bunny should probably invest in some bath toys soon!
And then to end things, how about another 6 month comparison between brothers? You see Preston above...
| Nathan |
| Aaron |


No comments:
Post a Comment