The last two weeks have gone by in a flash! Preston is now a little over a month old. Here are some month old facts on this cutie...
--He is now over 22 inches long, and 8.13 pounds! He has gained 1.5 pounds since he was last weighed by the pediatrician's office. He has had formula (an ounce or two) here or there, but otherwise has been exclusively breastfeeding. This means things are going well in that department, yay! Feeling like my first real successful time thus far.
--Like his brothers, enjoys looking out the window in his room from the changing table. Very interactive there!
--After trying not to use the swing for sleeping, it has been a saving grace for us some during the day now. We think Preston has reflux, which would explain why he dislikes being flat on his back (and the first two weeks of constant grumpiness when I tried to do so constantly). During the day he either sleeps in the swing, the carseat or the Boppy. Putting him down flat on the couch/bed no longer works...
--Which brings us to nighttime sleep. Preston is on medicine now for reflux (TBD to see if it really is working, it has only been a few days and we're suppose to allow a week to see progress). Yes, nighttime in general is suppose to be difficult with a newbie but I'm finding it's especially difficult with P. It can take awhile for him to fall asleep "for the night", sometimes between 10-11PM . I'd say maybe twice a week we'll get lucky with an earlier time. During the night, after he eats (still every 2-3 hrs generally), it's 50/50 as to whether or not he goes back to sleep ok. Again, I think this relates to being on his back possibly, since he is at night.
11/6/16 UPDATE : I think we'll start calling him Vampire Preston! Nights are rough. Now, they go something like this -- finally, when both daddy and I get into bed (still, not usually before 10-11), I'll nurse him and daddy will hold him to sleep. Then, two hours later it's time to nurse. Then, it's time for daddy to hold again.Put on repeat...
--Still an otherwise alert baby. I'm loving that we're already starting to get a little babbling, and I've even caught a few smiles! :)
--Likes looking/being outside, as well as watching the ceiling fans. Whether they're on or not...
--Doesn't take to pacifiers.At all. Maybe I've already mentioned that. Not that I totally mind, it'll be one less thing to wean him off of, but he does like sucking for comfort. That's where me and the top of the bottle come in, those are the only things he likes. It'll just be tricky to get him to hold a bottle top in his crib eventually? :/
Those are some tidbits for now. Holy cow, in two more weeks he'll be two months old and we'll see if anything has changed then!
No comments:
Post a Comment