For well over a year now, I have kept a secret...I applied for, and was chosen to be a recipe tester for an author's cookbook! Her name is Danielle Walker, better known for cookbooks such as Against All Grain (she follows a Paleo diet, which usually is gluten free, dairy free, etc)
Her latest cookbook was just released a week ago, titled "Celebrations" (drink and food recipes for different holidays and seasons). Last Fall, from about August- December, I received recipes from this book to try making, take pictures of and then submit a review and/or suggestion improvements to the author. It was fun and a little eye opening for me, as I cooked with ingredients I've never heard of before in some cases! I've also never really made Paleo based meals, so I was doing a lot of baking with items like coconut sugar, almond flour...things I don't typically use.
Anyway, it was fun! Here are some pictures from that experience -
 |
| One of my favorites! Now that I'm not pregnant any longer I'm excited to make this again - | Ahi Tartare. |
 |
| Carrot Cake (interesting as it used sweet potatoes I believe? I'm inclined to make that again as a healthier alternative to normal carrot cake!) |
 |
| Biscotti ! I've already made this one again a few times, yum! In fact I have some now I just may eat for a snack :) |
 |
| Chocolate Pecan pie? I believe. |
 |
| Aaron helping with our Hot Dog Corn Muffins |
 |
| Lemon Bars with berries . I'm actually wondering now if the author took the berries off the recipe for the book! |
 |
| My not so pretty bundt lavender cake |
For helping her out, I received a free, autographed copy of her cookbook!
 |
| Just to show that recipe testers were generally mentioned in her "thank you" part of her book, but not by individual names |
 |
| Her autograph and note to me :) |
I enjoyed "broadening" my cooking horizons, I'm looking forward to making many more of the recipes in her book!
No comments:
Post a Comment