Thursday, October 1, 2015

Nate Boy

My darling Nathan...is growing up! :( I don't think I've ever posted a school picture before, so here is his from this year :


He also has FOUR loose teeth! His top middle two (I was hoping those would hang on until it was closer to Christmas time...you know, for the cute song ;) ) and two on the outside of his middle on the bottom. I think he's already purposely trying not to use those teeth to eat so they don't come out :) When it rains it pours I suppose!

Also at school, Nathan was nominated either by a student or teacher for an award in their Kindness Club. This is the first Nathan has been nominated, and basically the child nominated gets recognized during a school assembly and receives a "Kindness Club" shirt. Nathan was nominated for always being nice to all of his friends and for filling any role that needs filled (so, possibly volunteering to help with anything that needs done, is what I'm guessing). Nate didn't seem to know much about it...other than, when I got a note inviting me to the assembly, he said, "Oh, so that's why they were taking my picture today...." :)


If you can squint you can see his name and the deed he was nominated for on the screen


It was a proud mommy moment. For a second, one of those moments where I think I get a little patted on the back for raising a thoughtful, good child.

Since school has started, and especially this last month, both boys haven't really been in any classes. I was going to continue with swim lessons, alas, schedules have gotten more complicated on the weekends so I have nixed that. Hopefully they maintain what they've learned.

For now, though, Nate has been talking about wanting to be back in soccer. So, literally just for six weeks I have him enrolled in an INdoor (only reason why we're doing it) soccer session. TOTALLY just recreational, nothing competitive. Just once a week, there's no "games".


In November he will begin Running Club again, so between that and Cub Scouts that is plenty for him. 


1 comment:

Angie said...

My precious Nate boy IS getting too big! So proud of him and his mommy for being the thoughtful/respectful boy he is. Love him!