Sunday, June 7, 2015

Summer Series : Week 1

First full week of summer in the books! We hit the ground running...which we'll continue to do all summer long I think!

We had some leftover tokens from Aaron's birthday...so the boys wanted to use them up at Chuck E Cheese. An easy almost two hours!

Library time. We're making it a "once a week habit" during the summer.

Funny how I ordered Nate a workbook and he "didn't want to have anything to do with it..." then it arrived and he went right to work. I love that he helps Aaron with his "work". They've been doing it off/on.

Trying out a kids' fitness class at mommy's new gym! (more on that in another post) This was "scooter hockey".

Aaron doing his fitness class. Sorry, phone pictures aren't always the greatest! :/ Immediately afterwards I took the boys into my gym's pool/splashpad for a bit.

Swim lessons! The boys now go four days a week for almost an hour. I plan to continue these every week of summer. I'm glad I signed them up four days versus just one day lessons a week - my boys really need the repetition.

Cooking class! Nathan made New York style coffee cake crumb muffins. How about that?! I was slightly disappointed I didn't get to taste. Don't have pictures, but once we picked him up from this we got lunch and walked around the mall a bit.

Phoenix Zoo splashpad! I don't think Aaron has ever done them before and I know it's been years since we've been during the summer...so I thought it was finally time for a visit to cool off. We didn't stay past that.


Cookie time! (sorry for the bluriness) Our favorite cakery for cupcakes and cookies was celebrating their birthday/anniversary week so we took advantage of celebratory fun!

In addition to this, the kids have begun spending a few hours with both their Nana and Grandmother each week. In fact, last week they even got to sleepover at Grandmother's house! They really enjoyed that - swimming in the dark, hide and seek in the dark, sleeping outside in a tent, ice cream/brownies, staying awake until 10pm!...(it's ok, it's summer right?) So that again has been a win-win on all sides.

They've also just played at home...which I think is equally important for summer. Nice to have things planned, but "free time" too needs to be in there as well. To play together, or even, to each go to his room and play on their own (which they've started to do recently..) We need those breaks just as much.

So there you have it - on to Week 2!

No comments: