Saturday, October 12, 2013

Fall Break, Week 2 : Cousin Time and Disney!

Last weekend as soon as we got to California, we visited some of Josh's relatives, his cousins. We were excited since we have kids the same age. We got to see their home, lets the kids play, and Josh's cousins cooked us a wonderful dinner and got some dessert to have. So much fun!

The boy sitting next to Nate is Anthony, who is Nate's age, and the little boy under the baby is Adrian, who is Aaron's age. Their youngin' is 9 months. They had a ball playing together! 


We left their house and drove another hour to our hotel in Anaheim. We were only in the area of Anaheim because Josh volunteered for a work opportunity (to allow us to have free hotel and take the kids to Disneyland). So, the following day while Josh worked, I took the kids to Disney on my own. I rented a stroller so I didn't have to lug one on the shuttle by myself.

Some pictures captured on my phone - I didn't take my other camera, well, because I'm sure you can guess why!

The boys overall behaved well and we had a fun day, but by dinnertime Nate was exhausted and wanted to go back to the hotel. I was glad I managed both on my own and had them both as we exited. Whew! Not that I would like to repeat the experience, though, on my own anytime too soon :) There definately was some juggling.

Poor Josh didn't return to the hotel until 9:30 that night. Neither one of us had dinner, so he brought some take-out back and we ate dinner in the bathroom -- yes, the bathroom --as to not disturb the sleeping children in the room (since we had a standard room). Real romantic, huh?

No comments: