Monday, April 15, 2013
Boston
Another post regarding a sad day (I'm sure everyone is at least kind of in the know, and has seen that there were bombs at the Boston Marathon today...?) Incredibly sad. Also a bit ironic. I had just announced on Facebook a few days ago that I had signed up for my second marathon, this time in Tucson this coming December. I decided on this particular marathon because it was rated as one of the top ten marathons that runners qualify for the Boston Marathon from. This is quite the goal, as I would have to knock off two hours from my current marathon time in order to qualify for Boston (and even then still have to apply and wait to see if I make the cut). Anyway, I was really sad to hear about the events today, feeling so bad for the runners and families there (and yet relieved that it wasn't an event I was at). It's made me think about if it's a goal I still want to go for...then I realized that, you know, these things can really happen anywhere, anytime. Any big sporting event.
Very much hoping the individual(s) are caught soon. I've heard nothing about who even won the marathon and read that not all runners got to finish the race. What a bummer that has to be for them! Of course, nothing beats the pain of injury and death. So horrible. My thoughts are with those affected, and especially the runners. Some days I wonder if we're really going to leave the world to our children in a better place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment