Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hippity Hoppity Week

So busy this last week playing catch up around here....added to that getting ready for Easter! Lots going on from the beginning of the week...


Egg Hunt #1 - with our Moms Club

We got together with friends at a park and had our first egg hunt of the week. Perfect weather.

Aaron REALLY got into egg hunting this year. He totally understood the concept and enjoyed partaking!

 
 

Any up there? (like his Elmo theme that day?)
 

Silly boy
 
 
Spring Pictures
 
 
This was our first year taking spring pictures to give out to our immediate family. The kids were pretty good sports about it, thankfully!
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
We also did egg decorating.
 
Nate enjoyed making his alien land!
 

 
 
 
Great Play Easter Party
 
We absolutely love this place. We've been going in particular for their fun parties and camps.
 
 
 

Aaron had a BALL!
 

 
 

Weee!
 

They had an egg hunt, of course.
 

 
 

And healthy snacks from Whole Foods. I love that they partner together.
 

Easter Eve
 
 
We spent the first part of the day with hubby's family, celebrating the holiday and our niece's birthday. We don't get to see our niece much so the boys had a great time playing with her.
 
That evening, I first had the boys plant jellybeans in our backyard-to see what they might turn into the following day (thanks Pinterest!)
 
 
 

Poor Aaron, as Nate dropped them he would pick them up. I think he thought they were mini eggs!
 
Then, once those were "planted", we waited for dark and had a Glow In The Dark egg hunt. I had actually gotten eggs that were suppose to glow in the dark, but they didn't do a very good job. I used some glow sticks I had on hand and put in some of them (lesson learned : those work MUCH better!) Wish I would have had enough to put in all the eggs. The kids LOVED searching for eggs in the dark!
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
Lots of fun
 

Look, I found the GOLDEN egg!
 
Then we put out carrots and orange juice (per Nate's request) for the E.B.
 
Trying out the goods

Morning shot
 
As the kids were getting ready for bed, I told Nate that I heard the E.B. was in the neighborhoods by his school. I've never seen him hurry to bed so fast! He was deathly worried that if the E.B. saw lights on in the house that we would get skipped. He about tucked us in too! It was cute.
 
 
Easter Day
 
As the morning rose, here's what we woke up to...
 
 
The jellybeans turned into lollipops overnight!
 

Cool...
 

 
 

 
 
The E.B. left a mess of "hair" (shredded cotton balls) and jellybeans down the hallway

 

First thing Aaron did was he went on a jellybean hunt :)
 
 
Yay, the E.B. remembered that I love to color!
 

Puzzle, game, bubbles...
 

 
 

I love cars too!
 
Then we piled in to head to my parents house for the day.
 
 
 

New bouncy fun!
 

Chilling in the too bright sunshine
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
One last egg hunt...
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 
Silly bunny mask
 

Happy bunny mask
 
The boys sure have enjoyed this last week! They love celebrating holidays. Mommy is ready to park it on the couch for a bit ;)
 
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Family Josh and you have.