So at five years (or "all five fingers" as Nate says), he is...
* Asking all the "What, why, how, when...." questions. Very curious and interested in how everything works ( why it works that way, etc....etc...) He's a chatterbox if you get him the right minute :)
*Has really embraced school this year. Loves to meet and play with new friends. He has found it exciting to be able to go to a "big" school (he attends preschool at a elementary school that offers it). I'm hoping to keep him in this school from here on out. I can't believe I just registered him for kindergarten this past week! We're excited that one of his best buds is planning to enroll at the school for kindergarten...we're secretly hoping they get in the same class together ;)
*Just discovered peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I've offered these in the past, but all of a sudden, they've become the greatest thing ever. As in he eats mutliples each day. As in I can't keep up with bread supply. Now that he's the "big 5", he's decided he will try eating apples. I wish I could get him to say that he'll try bell peppers, peas, broccoli....!
*Only just now is comfortable with the dentist. I was so proud when he allowed them to clean and take pictures of his teeth-past experiences haven't been pretty. Thanks to a dental chit-chat at school, he changed his mind.
*Still is very much into all modes of transportation playing- cars, trains, and still loves elevators. Enjoys crafts, games, anything outside. Anything that involves being busy :)
*And on that note, he likes to know what his "Schedule" is. Needs to know what's going on during the day, then what tomorrow will bring...he just likes to be one step ahead.
*Oh. He's decided now that he's five he's going to get married. Uh-huh. Who's the lucky lady? Me! :) Thank goodness.
Those are a few tid bits...here's a few pictures from our day!
Woke up early to be sure he had his favorite breakfast ready-donuts!
Grandmother Kucenski came over to watch Aaron so I could volunteer in Nate's class at school.
Excited to be five!
Look mommy- a hat, little treat from the gift box and a Happy Birthday certificate from my teacher!
Dinosaur book signed by my friends that attended my birthday party
Dinner out at his favorite restaurant
The birthday boy should sleep well after a fun and busy day. He's growing up so fast!

No comments:
Post a Comment