We found out last minute yesterday that one of our favorite museums, Arizona Museum for Youth, was having a special Valentine Festival along with a visit from Curious George (both boys like him, so it was a no brainer!) We had such a wonderful time, and I'm very thankful that my mom wanted/and was able to come along with us. We spent the whole morning there.
Nate was in the Valentine spirit!
First, breakfast with Curious George (they even had Curious George fruit snacks)
Then came balloon making (a monkey on Nate's shoulder of course!)
Ehh, as close as I could get a picture of Aaron with his
Next up: Monkey Mask making
Or color time, whichever :)
Banana cookie decorating
Curious George storytime
Mesa Fire Dept fire truck!
Where's the fire?
Going up!
Nate's Valentine lunch- organic peanut butter/jelly X&O sandwich, organic crackers and green grapes in heart tin foil
Playing with my Valentine playdough (from scratch!)
So fun- and still so soft
Valentine treats!
Nana and Pap Pap brought the kids some fun Valentine bags- they watched the kiddos so mommy and daddy could go out for dinner :)
Look at my cool Valentine bag/box I decorated for all my Valentines!
We immediately had to dig into Nate's Valentines as soon as I got him home from school. He literally exclaimed that this was the best Valentine's ever! He's had such a fun week of surprises.
It seems as soon as we get through one holiday or event we move right on to the next. Well, in our typical fashion then, we are going to be busy the next two weeks--mommy and daddy are going to be leaving to Australia (!) for a two week trip, minus the kiddos! We are so blessed to have family here to help/allow us to do this. One of my good friends (and mommy to Nate's gal pal, Lauren, that I've spoke in previous blog posts about) lives outside Sydney so we are going to go visit them (and their beautiful beach house!) After spending a week with them, hubby and I will then fly to Cairns (in northern Australia, by the Great Barrier Reef) for five nights before flying back home. Conveniently this trip will happen during most of Nate's Spring Break, so I'm glad my parents won't have to worry about school much. I think it's going to be great quality time for hubby and I (and good time away to just be able to leisurely do whatever our hearts desire!) but I know I'm going to miss the kids a ton. We haven't been on a trip alone in a few years. Thankfully Skype has come along since then ;) We're very excited. There's just a lot of packing and planning left to do (including ideas to help keep the kiddos entertained while we're gone).
So...we may be MIA here for a bit :) Between getting ready and then trying to settle back in once we're home (Easter will only be a week away when we return!) Craziness but exciting stuff!

1 comment:
Looks like it was a lot of fun!
Post a Comment