Sunday, November 4, 2012

Just Keep Running...

I don't recall if I've mentioned this on my blog yet or not, but over the last several months I have been doing quite a bit of running. Why you ask? I'm turning the big 3-0 in almost another month, and I thought it would be neat to run almost thirty miles as a little present to myself (in other words, I'm training for my first ever MARATHON!) I've done a few half marathons and felt that I wanted an additional little challenge-ok, a pretty huge challenge - and to show myself that with determination and hard work I could reach something I never thought possible.

So, in a little less than a month, hubby and I (and my sister, her husband and my good friend and her hubby) will be traveling to Vegas for my race. I'm super excited for my night marathon there and to have my family and friends to support me along the way.

 
In typical Vegas fashion, I do plan to mix a bit of fun with business ;) Well...I have to be careful not to have too much fun, I need sleep for my race!
 
It is most certainly going to be extremely challenging. At first I tried to stick to a training schedule (running four days a week), but it became too much. I determined my body didn't perform well running consecutive days and of course trying to juggle training around the kids' and hubby's schedule has been difficult. I try to run/do other workouts during the week a few times and do one long run on the weekend.
 
I just completed a half marathon today!
 
I'm pretty sore, so it makes me nervous how much pain I'll be in later. I really only have one more long run left before I should start tapering them off to save my legs. I think I'll need hubby to slyly hand over some rollerblades halfway!
 
Now you know what I'll be up to over the next few weeks-running! Practice, practice, practice.
 

No comments: