As of last Friday night-Aaron has been SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! Yay! (now hopefully I don't jinx myself) The first two nights he still woke up during the night but was satisfied with his paci. Some nights he hasn't woken up at all! A typical night looks like this--bed by 7:30-8, "dream feed" at 9:30-10....then he doesn't wake up until 6:45-7:15am! Woohoo! I'm still tuckered out some but slowly I'm gaining my strength and sanity back :) What a huge blessing if this continues.
This past Monday Aaron received his band for his head. We were told that most families begin with making their child wear it 23 hrs a day right off the bat (as they will need to,even during sleep) however we decided it would be best to make it a gradual process. We've never done anything cold turkey before as far as kids are concerned-everything we've ever weaned off from has been a process, so we didn't think this needed to be any different.
Up through today he's been wearing it for all his naps with one break during the day.He's been waking up during his naps, I just wish I knew for sure if it was related to the band or something else.
Tomorrow will be the true test-Aaron hasn't gone to bed at night with it on yet. I'm very afraid he may not sleep well (I just wouldn't be surprised). He does get fairly sweaty wearing it so I can imagine it being uncomfortable to lay in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm wrong!
On Monday we go back for a checkup. I hope to find out that Aaron won't need the band past this year but we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment