Saturday, February 19, 2011

Party Time!

The day after his birthday Nate had his family birthday party at a park. It was the perfect day-we were all feeling good, the weather was in the 70's...I'm so glad we got lucky,having his party in between sick weekends especially. More pictures to share!



Our cute little boy playing


Thomas cupcakes and train cake-the boy loves trains!


Blowing out the candles


Loving his guitar

We also stayed healthy through Valentines Day. Hubby and I were able to get out for a movie and dinner the day before, and on the actual day Nate and I surprised Josh with a picnic dinner inside.




It wasn't long afterwards before I started this coughing attack/itchy throat condition. In fact, it's currently 2AM Saturday morning as I'm writing this :) Eh, needed to get up super early anyway for my 5k race (more on that in a minute) so I decided I might as well stay up. I seem to do better when I'm not laying down and I didn't want to disturb the boys sleeping with the non-stop coughing. *yawn* Yeah, it's going to be a long day!

Today, I decided, is going to not only be my last race until after Aaron is born but most likely also the last day I run. I had a day this week that I ran but had trouble afterwards-bad lower back pain and some cramping during the run. I think I'm just starting to get too big now that it's going to affect my back no matter what. I'm bummed (and a little worried how I'll be coming back into it later) but I'd rather try to not have back pain if I can avoid it. Well, I made it almost 29 weeks-right to the start of my third trimester. I'm proud of that.

Speaking of being 29 weeks-I saw the doctor again this week and everything is looking perfect. I had an US done and got to see Aaron's eyes move, see him yawn and move his mouth...it was amazing. It was pretty cute-the tech got a laugh out of his posing position: hands behind his head, and he actually had his legs crossed at the ankles! Totally chilling. He's still active and moving like crazy (I seem to notice the most when I'm not moving, especially at night). I'm now starting to go every two weeks until April when I'll go weekly. Crazy.

Nate also saw his pediatrician for his third year check-up : just about 39 inches tall and 28 pds. Not a big guy as far as weight but he's pretty active. He seems to be right on target with everything. He doesn't need to go back now for another year.

Though at least luckily Nate's birthday and Valentine's Day ended up being good, fun days, I'm ready for March to start. We have otherwise spent the month of February being sick and having to miss a bunch of Feb fun activities :( Josh normally doesn't get President's Day off but took it off this year so we could take advantage of a cheaper day to take Nate to the Rennaissance Festival in town. I hope our health and weather (we're expecting possible rain) cooperates so we can go. I think Nate would be more into watching jousting and all the other entertainment this year. And I'm looking forward to the turkey legs! ;)

Here's to a happy, healthier March!

No comments: