Sunday, January 23, 2011

Potty Time!

This exciting news deserves its own post! Starting on Friday, Nate all of a sudden became interested in going potty in his potty chair. At first he wanted his privacy (lucky for me he used his potty with music that played when he went so I knew something happened!) He didn't freak out when he did it and I immediately made a big deal of it-out came the Mini Oreos and Skittles and a potty dance.

Since that time, he has wanted me in there with him participating (him on his little potty, me on mine). What a good little boy-we'll sit there patiently waiting, even up to fifteen minutes. I've been doing this a few times a day with him (he doesn't tell us when he needs to go though, so he still uses his diaper, but when I invite him in to go potty he runs in with me). He's gone a few times though, which is a great start!

Luckily we don't have many diapers left so we'll move on to pull-ups and eventually underwear. We've had a busy weekend so I'm looking forward to concentrating on the potty a lot more this week when we get a chance to be home. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow and make him a basket of sorts to keep by his potty to help entertain him while we wait. I'm just so thrilled that he's interested and willing to at least try, with a huge smile on his face! I find it amazing that it was literally very sudden-just like an off/on switch.

I owe credit to the following items that I think helped Nate decide to be a big boy :)



Nate watched the potty video in particular two dozen times I think before he was interested in trying himself. He still watches it! The potty behind the video is a Fisher Price one that makes all the noise. We still have his old one which basically just doesn't make music that he uses too. Lucky boy, he gets to choose which he prefers that day! :) So proud of him.

1 comment:

Julie and Joel Montgomery said...

Go Nate!! Maybe Peyton will jump on board one of these days...we're patiently waiting signs that he's completely ready. Silly boys!