Sunday, December 5, 2010

O Christmas Tree...


We just got and decorated our Christmas tree this weekend. Mmmm, the fresh smell of pine! I got a few tree candles when I was in Oklahoma too. With all of those my house ought to be smelling like a nice forest!

Thanksgiving was grand. We enjoyed the parade, had good food, played games with my family. Black Friday shopping went pretty well too. We spent Friday afternoon with Josh's family. Again-good food and we made a fire and played games with the kids outside.

We're decorated and about halfway done with Christmas shopping. My goal is to finish the shopping this week and get started on cookies! Very important. I'm excited that I'll have an anxious helper in the kitchen with me, we'll be busy!

This past weekend we had another great time at our favorite brunchery's "Tea with Santa" event. We saw St Nick, Mrs. Claus and a few elves. Nate was more into it this year-it's fun to hear him say "Santa Claus" and he didn't mind going on his lap (already our 2nd time this year so far!)

Sugar cookie with apple cider


Laughing away from the elf


Silly picture with Mrs. Claus

Next Saturday is my 12k's of Christmas run (eight miles total). I'll be thrilled if I can run at least some of it :) Definately planning for a more fun, relaxed run vs trying to hit a running time goal. Now that I'm starting to fill out in the back and front, I don't nearly run as fast as I used to ;) Though even then I wasn't very fast. Josh and Nate are planning to come-there should be tons of things for them to do while I run. Bounce houses, Santa, dogs and cats to see...plus with it taking place at a park there should be a playground too. On Sunday we're going with our church to see the latest Narnia movie-with Nate. This will be his second theater movie. I'll just have to be sure to have my popcorn and gummy bears handy!

I almost forgot to post a picture of our first gingerbread house of the season-


The frosting was a little bit runny and things were falling apart. I'm looking forward to trying again!

One more picture-I forgot to talk about going to Zoolights. Nate loves seeing Christmas lights this year so he really enjoyed seeing the zoo lit up at night. His Pap-Pap that went along with us was nice enough to buy him a cool light up sword that he adores :)


Time to make sure my boys aren't getting into trouble!

No comments: