Friday, December 17, 2010

Busy Elves

I'd like to start this post off by asking...what happened to December?! I shake my head every morning when we change our blocks, counting down the days until Christmas. A week away already. We've been so busy since my last post.

Unfortunately, as soon as I wrote our last post, the boys came down with different sicknesses. The nurse practioner we each saw different days probably has a nice, new TV in her room with the money she got from visiting with us :) Nate got pinkeye, Josh got tonsillitis and everyone got colds. After spending almost a week just hanging at home, I'm happy to report that we're doing a lot better other than some nighttime and morning cough attacks. I've said it a hundred times-I love this season, but I hate it at the same time! Thankfully the sicknesses didn't get in the way of the majority of our fun activities planned. We've been crazy busy this week!

We've started to bake cookies and had a cookie exchange with our friends this week. Last night we took Nate to a Polar Express event in town-it was so cute with a bunch of craft tables, Santa was there to read the story and then meet with the kids, they served cookies and hot cocoa...Nate seemed to enjoy it.


Making a gingerbread ornament-which he happily put on the tree at home!


Meeting his new favorite person

This morning we had our next attempt at a gingerbread house. It was more fun for both of us-the gingerbread house was already put together so it was a matter of spreading frosting on and Nate took his time putting all kinds of candy on it. I didn't have to make sure the walls would stand up :)


The finished house!

We've also had some holiday get together's and tomorrow we're heading to Sedona for an early birthday celebration.

The biggest news I haven't mentioned yet is that we found out the sex of our baby this week also-a BOY! I was bummed before when I had an earlier ultrasound and the technician thought the same thing (before our official, 20 week one this week) but now I've let go of having a girl and I'm looking forward to having another boy. Nate will have a buddy/playmate and we have the vast majority of furniture,clothes and other boy baby stuff we'll need (so from a financial standpoint we're thrilled!) The baby made it pretty obvious that he, well, was a he. His legs were spread pretty far apart :) We brought Nate to watch the ultrasound, Josh pointed out what everything was to him. Nate doesn't seem to get the idea about mommy having another baby yet. I haven't felt any movement so far (though he was wildly moving around on the ultrasound) but I should in the next few weeks. I'm getting anxious for that!

No comments: