Friday, January 1, 2010

The Beginning

Happy New Year! We have new hopes, dreams and goals this year. This will be a big year for Nate with new transitions. We've started one already-getting him used to a toddler bed sort of feeling. He's still in his crib, but we've taken one side off and replaced it with a bar (so he can climb over and out if he wanted to--I can't believe he hasn't tried yet-thankfully!)

So I have high hopes that the toddler bed transition will go well-we aren't planning to get him an actual bigger bed until he seems to start growing too big for his crib one. Then...it isn't even two months before Nate will be two years old! I can't believe how time has flown. Along with that age brings...potty training. It seems I should wait until I see "signs" that he's ready, but I have friends who have 3 year olds who aren't potty trained yet. Guess I'll have to gently ease him into that one. I figure I'll try and start fairly soon after his birthday-it'll give me time right now to talk to more friends and do some research to get a "game plan"! Once potty training is a full success, then it'll be time for pacifier weaning. Between that and potty training I don't know which will be most difficult, I think they both will! The pacifier is Nate's definite comfort item-he doesn't have a favorite stuffed animal, blankie, etc. A big year of changes are in store for him.

We're hopeful for another year of good health and good memories. Staying busy as usual!

Cheers to a great 2010!








No comments: