It was another busy month for school. They have what is called Fine Dining (but what I considered a Friendsgiving). The kids dress up, act like they are dining in a formal restaurant, student council serves a Thanksgiving type lunch, there is classical music playing...it was a unique event to witness. They are strict to how many volunteers can come, but thankfully I was picked to help with Nate's class.
Nate also had his first band concert! His 5th grade band played three songs in which he changed percussion instruments. Per tradition growing up with my family, we went out for dessert after the concert.
This month Nate also had the opportunity to camp out with the Boys Scouts- this helped him get an idea of it being something he wants to continue with. The Boy Scouts are much more independent. Nate had to cook, setup his own tent, sleep with other campers. It was a different experience but he had a fun weekend. Josh went along as one of the chaperones.
Lastly, just over Thanksgiving weekend I traveled to Vegas on my own with my family. Just a short, 50 hour trip. We weren't terribly busy outside of eating :) but that was great by me. It was nice to relax and I'm sure as I've said before anytime I'm away from the kiddos, enjoy the simple things-like being able to sit, ha!
Ok, so I also enjoy eating fancy meals out without my kiddos every now and then too! It was a little recharge on top of busy times. That is to be explained in another post ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment