Thursday, February 22, 2018

Happy 10th Birthday, Nathan!

Ten years. Ten years ago I started this blog when our first son was born. I just can't believe he is TEN! Double digits. I still remember so many baby memories (as you maybe especially do with the first, experiencing parenthood for the first time?) He hated the car. I just prayed I could get through the Starbucks drive thru. I remember inhaling food like all of the time, trying to get something in my stomach before he would start to fuss. 

Now this guy is in 4th grade, is very responsible, follows rules to a T (thank goodness, such a relief), enjoys traveling, wants to be an airline pilot when he grows up so he's fascinated with learning about airplanes right now. He enjoys reading chapter books (currently he is reading the Diary of Wimpy Kid books), still likes to play outside and play with his brothers! He's very good at telling me or watching to be sure Preston isn't getting into trouble. (Generally he's good at watching both of his brothers in that regard!) He has been on the Honor Roll at school all year long. Still enjoys kid food the most :p He is up to my shoulders now in height! I pretty much treasure any hugs or snuggles he gives me because they are fewer and far between nowadays. He doesn't like to smile for pictures, or really have his pictures taken much anymore. Ugh. In general, I can just tell he's moving more towards being a tween! :( I can't even believe I just said that. He was a toddler just like his young brother only a minute ago I swear. 

For his birthday, Nathan wanted to get family and friends together to golf. We had a little party the day before his actual birthday.


 With his friends Riley, Mons and Ben





The actual day of his birthday he asked for donuts for breakfast. He wanted to attend Sunday School yet that day because he knew it would be kind of a bonus day - he would get something for his birthday AND Valentine's Day. After that, he used some money he got and bought something for himself at Target. He proceeded to play with it that afternoon for a while before going on a bike ride. That evening, we went out to his favorite pizzeria for dinner. The boys played some more and he ordered something online using more of his money, and that was pretty much the day! 

Happy 10th Birthday, Nathan!



No comments: