Sunday, August 7, 2016

School Dayz

We are beginning our third full week of school already! It is going so fast. I'm happy to report it has been a pleasantly smooth, first two weeks! (though, Aaron has only just gotten his first homework packet so we'll see if that continues) Generally it is really nice that the boys get a homework packet on Friday and we have a week to complete it (though Nate does have nightly, due by the next day math homework).

Let's begin with the first day!



Definitely not the easiest to see, but the bags spell out "Back to School". I had this ready for their first day morning and ran out early to collect donuts, their breakfast choice.

Daddy stayed long enough to drop the boys off with me, then it was time for a business trip

First to drop off




I kept my fingers crossed that Aaron would adjust to needing to use the potty at school all day and that he could figure out how to get his lunch equipment open/closed, remember all of his supplies at the end of the day...all that stuff he normally wasn't having to do! He did perfect. He must have been ready :(

Coming out the gate the first day

Success!
We were able to walk the boys to their classroom the first day, but starting the following day they just had to find their own class lines outside. I'm lucky in that Aaron finds comfort in being with big brother, so Nathan has been walking Aaron to his line first everyday before he then goes to his. I'm very grateful that I have not had a single day of any tears, or any begging kids to attend school.

It has been weird to not have any kiddos at home during the day (for now!) Balancing doing housework mixed with "me" time fun. Trying to milk all the time I have to do so before it disappears rather soon!

Also trying to take advantage of volunteering at the boys' school while I can, since I'm not sure how much I'll be there later. Last week I took Aaron lunch one day.


His new BFF, Ethan

With classmate friend Eowyn, after school one day

This is Nate's first year having TWO teachers (one comes MT, the other WTH, and they alternate Fridays). So far so good.I wasn't really worried about him adjusting. His good friend, Ben, is also in his class and happens to also sit right across from him. Nate isn't the biggest fan of writing so I'm holding my breath as to when his first book report arrives.... :p

Just super pleased how the first few weeks have gone and the teachers we have this year.

No comments: