Saturday, May 16, 2015

Aaron is FOUR!

Well that wasn't allowed to happen...letting my littlest guy get another year older! But he did, just this past week. He luckily had the day off of school so we got to have a whole day of fun. First some pictures from his day, then some Aaron facts!

First started with some birthday preparations : magnets on the fridge..

A sign on his door...

Homemade funfetti cinnamon rolls!

After we took Nate to school that morning, we came home and had a playdate outside with my bestie and her son, Cal (despite the two year age gap, they've become quite good buddies!) Then we met up with my mom for lunch at Aaron's request --



Rainforest Cafe - just like brother!

Since the birthday boy has started to wake up between 5:30 and 6:30AM now most days (there's an early fact for you), he usually falls asleep in the car at some point going someplace. Clearly he needs more sleep, but wakes up with the sun now. My boys have always been that way! Seasonal sleepers.

Anyway, mommy got her own birthday present - Aaron staying asleep when we got home, even transitioning to bed! (rarely does that happen) He slept for another 1.5-2 hours! So, we didn't do anything else before having to leave to pickup Nate from school.

Once we got home, Aaron enjoyed just playing with brother (another favorite) before it was time to leave for our dinner destination - again, another Aaron choice - a brand new Chuck E Cheese near our house.

Both sets of grandparents and my sisters came to celebrate with us. Again, thank you to my other sister this time for snapping some pictures for me!





As you can see, the games were a hit! We were there for almost two hours before coming home and getting ready for bed. Aaron was a Chatty Cathy for awhile before he finally dozed off between 9 and 9:30PM. Exciting and busy day!

And now...for some Aaron four year old facts!


--Haven't been to the doctor yet for his well check visit, but I imagine he's pretty high percentile for his height and low on his weight, just like brother. Ugh, I am NOT looking forward to all the shots he's suppose to get... :(

--As I said, is getting up pretty early and now is back to taking naps in the car,usually when we're out and about. 95% of the time I never have luck actually getting him to sleep in his bed so it was truly a miracle when he did it for me the other day. He truly had to have been tired. I imagine this will go on until it gets back to being winter time again, and the sun comes up later...boo for mommy and daddy.

--I'm told more everyday on how social he is (and a contrast to Nate in that way). He is a pretty good boy, but I do worry he'll be the one I'll have to worry about behaving down the road.

--Along with that, he is a pretty good follower. Nate can at least distinguish right from wrong, but Aaron is still learning that...

--Loves Sunday School. It's also amazing to me how much he soaks up. In general I'm sure he soaks up a ton, but in particular he has talked to me more about church and religion related things than anything else. I hope he holds on to enjoying church. (Nate seems to be the same way, too)

--Since he was a year old (maybe younger?)- LOVES art and cars. STILL. I'll be curious to see if I'm saying the same thing next year, too! I was so glad he got a bunch of art stuff for his birthday.


--Is my total carb and milk guy. He could survive off of bread and milk if needed. And actually, I think that could also be what he prefers...

--He is his mama's boy, my "Cuddle Bug". Sometimes just a cuddle with mom makes everything better.

--As I mentioned earlier, playing with brother is also a favorite activity (most of the time). However, he is VERY quick to tell me if brother does something he doesn't like/or something brother did, sort of a "tattle tale"-er I guess you could kind of say.

--Aaron can also be sensitive. On bad days, there can be a lot of, "you broke my heart". Which is usually solved by cuddles with mom :)

--Is a lefty! I'm sort of amazed with that. This is probably normal, but he's much advanced at knowing his letters, numbers, shapes (and how to draw/write them) than Nate was. Things he picks up from brother?

--Still would prefer to spend most of his time outside. He'll become sad pretty soon when it gets warmer...though he always says he "doesn't care" if he's hot.

--Likes to go to the movie theater.


...and be silly!

He also just had his last day of school!Nate has seven more days yet...it was getting a little tougher this week in particular trying to convince Aaron that he needed to go to school. Next year he will be going to the same school as Nathan, woohoo! Not only does it mean one drop off in the morning, but I'm also glad he'll be on the same schedule as Nate too (same breaks, start/end dates, etc) He'll also have the same preschool teacher Nate had. Win-win-win!


5-19-15 : ADD ON : Another huge favorite trait of Aaron's I can't believe I forgot to mention - though maybe in past years I mentioned it - compared to Nathan, Aaron is a homebody. Which, now that he's ended with school for the year, I'm totally taking advantage of until Nate is out of school (and wants to be busy). In fact, I'm realizing this fact now as I'm listening to him play, independently, while I get some house things done. I truly treasure just being able to stay at home versus having to car hop. Perhaps an additional reason why I decided against him going to school everyday next year - so he has another year of more time to just chill out at home.

No comments: