Saturday, April 11, 2015

Easter-ly Fun

Another big holiday come and gone. The weekend before Easter we took the kids to a Bunny Brunch - a local restaurant had a buffet breakfast with a special guest (Mr Easter Bunny himself!) I think this would make for a nice tradition. I'd much rather spend the money on a nice breakfast (and pictures I can take  myself) than paying a bunch for a picture drive at the mall.

The kids got M &M/sprinkle/chocolate chip pancakes! Special treat.

It was all so cute. Huge arrays of fruit looked like baskets, there was cereal for the kids, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes...yum.

The day afterwards we celebrated Easter and our niece's birthday with Josh's family.

We used the opportunity for the kids to color eggs!

The day before Easter we took the kids to a public egg hunt. This was my first time collecting eggs with such a huge group of kids. I was thankful it was well organized (different ages went to different areas to collect eggs). It was all over in about thirty seconds. I hovered over Aaron just to be sure he was able to at least get some eggs.


That night we did our typical "glow in the dark" egg hunt. Always a favorite. I think we must have done it five times before we could convince the kids they needed to get to bed so the bunny could come!


I actually squeezed some effort into Easter breakfast that morning -

 



On actual Easter day we went to church, followed by going over to my sister's for Easter lunch (and multiple egg hunts!) I didn't get a picture, but the Easter Bunny was so pooped out by night's end the night before that baskets were just left on the table versus being hid, as we've usually done. By the time I thought about a picture the morning of the kids had already taken everything out of their baskets.

Cute Easter boys

Searching for eggs. Aaron has become quite good!


Sorting out candy and money

Next came lunch!

My contribution - Easter dessert - carrot cake

Boys had "egg" lunches


Then came more egg hunts. The next one was a "fitness" egg hunt. The kids found eggs, then had to open them and do what the slip of paper said inside (10 jumping jacks, 5 sit ups,etc)

Doing their push-ups!

Knee to the nose

The next one was finding eggs, opening them to discover puzzle pieces then putting those together.


Lucky boys, the Easter bunny visited their aunt's house as well. He must have known we were going to hang there that day. In cool fashion, the boys did a scavenger hunt to find their baskets.




The boys sure look forward to these big holidays. Since we're always looking at the next "big event", we're getting excited to celebrate Aaron's birthday here in a few weeks! :o As my boys would have it, planning is underway...

No comments: