Sunday, November 2, 2014

Spooky Day Fun!

We had a good Halloween day. It began with breakfast - I got up before the boys and went out to get bagels. They woke to bagel monsters!






I also made the boys their own spooky lunches -

Nathan's : mummy yogurt, Frankenstein milk, PBJ pumpkin, "eye see you" grapes and an apple/PB/marshmallow treat. He also had a note. He was so excited to come out of school that day - his lunch was apparently a hit with all the lunch aides in the cafeteria!

Aaron's lunch : cheesy pumpkin quesadilla, Frankenstein muffin, fruit, monster milk and a note.


Nate wore a Halloween shirt to school, but that was all that was allowed. No party, no costume. So I'm glad I did up his lunch so that he had something fun! Aaron, on the other hand, got to have a costume parade at his school. Yay! I'm thrilled I at least get one year where there's some holiday fun at Halloween.


The kids went around to the recreation center's workers who had bowls of candy to give out

Then, for the grand finale, my parents and sisters came over to go trick or treating with us that evening. This year I asked the boys what they wanted to be (Previous years I have just decided). I was quite thrilled and relieved that they picked things so basic - ghost and witch!

I got in on the dressing up, too.


Even more special was that daddy made the costumes for us (with exception of the witch hats). The boys happily went door to door for about an hour and a half. Of course, they got a ton of candy. And then, to no surprise to people who know me well, the next day I was fast about going through the candy and getting rid of what we didn't want and letting the boys keep a set amount. For getting rid of the vast majority of their candy (I know, I'm a mean mom) I gave them a toy to share that I picked up months ago on clearance. Win-win if you ask me!

And now, the boys have moved on to being excited about a certain big plane ride this upcoming week....!

No comments: