Friday, August 8, 2014

Aaron's First Week of Preschool !

Yay for our "big kid" ! He started preschool on Monday. As expected, it was a little difficult to say goodbye. He was anxious to go in and play with everything that was out, but once it was time to wave bye to mommy there were some sad faces and tears. Luckily, it only seemed to have taken a few minutes for him to get distracted and he was fine the rest of the time (as I was told by the teacher). The next day Aaron was fine, then the following he was sad again, and then the last day this week he was fine again. So, we're still adjusting :) However I am proud to say that we were totally potty accident free the whole week, hooray! I always had him use the restroom right before he went in so I think that helped.

Waiting patiently for school to start


They must have known Aaron loves cars!

And of course, he smelled out where the cars were in the classroom! They were definately the distraction tool.

Aaron also has Nate's old teacher (that he had when he was three) so that's been great too. Aaron goes M-Th for two more weeks then gets two weeks off before resuming again the Monday after Labor Day, where he'll then go M-W-F. I think this is good practice for him socially, and while he's in school it has already been allowing me to help out at Nate's school without trying to get babysitter's all over the place. I'm really thankful for the few hours I have to myself a week!

Hoping for a smooth second week!

No comments: