Over the last two months, we have had a few "dramatic play" projects, I guess as they're called on Pinterest, anyway. I like to call them "creative and imaginative play" projects. In May we had two and this past month we had two. I'm going to apologize, for those who are friends with me on Facebook there will probably be some repetitive pictures, but I realized I never did post them on here. I think we're done with our "play projects" for the summer now as we wind down towards the start of school - almost three weeks left! Though many of these projects I got from Pinterest, I've still added my own touch to them and spent a lot of time getting them all ready to do. I'm a little mentally exhausted! I have more luck getting Nate to use his imagination and play than I do getting him to do academics at home with me, so I've really just been concentrating on that aspect since the academics are going to come soon enough.
Enough babbling...here are our May projects !
Project 1 - "Cupcake making"/ Runny, slimy play
 |
| Made 'cupcakes' with paper, then mixed shaving cream and food coloring for 'frosting' |
 |
| Added 'sprinkles' with paper |
 |
| Slimy! Two Elmer's white glue and some liquid starch |
 |
| Then some cornstarch and shaving cream - way cool texture |
 |
| Poor Aaron always gets messy |
Project 2 - Doctor Day Play
 |
| Waiting room |
 |
| My prescription |
 |
| Prepping Goofy for surgery |
 |
| Checking on his patients in recovery |
And now for June projects!
Project 1- Mr Flower Shop
 |
| We had flowers to order and you could even add on teddy bears or chocolate |
 |
| Occasion cards |
Project 2 - Indoor Camping
 |
| Picnic |
 |
| Park hours and Beware of Bears! |
 |
| S'mores bar by the fire! Chocolate, crackers, marshmellows, strawberries, bananas. Yum! |
 |
| Fishing! I used a broken hanger and tape... |
 |
| Putting our catch over the fire to cook |
 |
| Bear! |
 |
| ...but the park ranger saved the day |
Aaron is too young to really grasp some of the activities, but Nate sure enjoyed all of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment