Monday, March 28, 2011

Fun Weekend

We had a great weekend-it started Saturday morning, with the simple act of Nate sleeping in until 7:30am. Yay! I had a charity run/walk in the morning so I wasn't able to take advantage of it, but it was a good thing I went to the race. I was motivated by the rest of the runners to try and run some of the race-I ended up running two of the 3.5 miles. That was plenty. In fact, I'm still sore today. My last run was beginning of February so that probably has something to do with it (and the aches and pains of being thirty four weeks pregnant!) After the race the charity held a raffle drawing for different baskets of prizes and an iPad 2. Lucky me, I ended up winning the iPad! I was speechless. I had my sister and BIL walk me to my car to be sure I was protected ;) What a nifty toy. I haven't had a lot of time to download applications and play with the different programs but I'm super excited.

Later that day, my parents took Nate that afternoon so hubby and I could see a movie and have dinner together-and enjoy a quiet night at home! We picked Nate up the next morning. It was nice to get a good night's rest. The following morning I got some time to myself, got my haircut and then headed off to our Baby Sprinkle (shower) for Aaron! It was so much fun to celebrate Aaron with family and friends. Here are a few pictures--



My sister made a diaper cake--it had bottles,pacifiers,shampoo/lotion,washcloth and a gift card at the top. And of course diapers! :)


My sister also made these awesome cupcakes-recipe is from Magnolia's (a famous shop in NYC)



Super yum bruschetta


Awesome wine bar where the sprinkle took place


Socializing with friends



Chilling with my sisters



34 weeks pregnant!

Aaron is so loved, already! I can't wait to finish shopping for him. Also on the positive side: we're getting new carpet in our bedrooms this upcoming weekend,hooray! The house really needs it. I'm tired of steam cleaning our ivory carpet it feels like every other month-it shows EVERYTHING. I'm so happy we got carpet that matches our dark tile, I can't wait to walk on something softer as well. Then we can get Aaron's room ready. We also started to buy new shades/blinds for our windows-something else our house really needs to help keep heat and light out. So far we have Nate's playroom and the kitchen done but we'd like to do all the bedrooms and our great room too. I'll have to post pictures when things get more completed :)

I have been blessed the last two weeks to have Josh's mom watch Nate one day a week for four hours. I'm missing her now though-she is on vacation for three to four weeks. It has been a win-win situation for everyone! Josh's mom recently retired so I imagine she will be a huge help to me in the future. In some ways I think we planned having another child right as far as the age difference-but I'm bummed that Nate doesn't nap anymore or doesn't go to school, so that doesn't allow me to have much of a break. He also wakes up between 6-7am usually in the morning and Josh doesn't get home until 6pm, so that leaves me with a twelve hour day five days a week to keep him busy and occupied. I cherish the time I have with Nate,don't get me wrong, but especially now that I'm eight months pregnant, I wish I had some sit down/me time during the day. I'm too busy keeping him busy-partly because I'm feeling some early guilt about being more home bound this summer when Aaron is around and the weather is warm.

I could have Nate in school if he was potty trained...things were looking up in that area for a while but now he doesn't have interest again. He has a ton of interest in watching me go potty (mostly in public places,for whatever reason) but when we're home, notta. I don't pressure him much,but I wonder when that day will come when he snaps and is fully ready to embrace it. I'd love to have him in summer camps or other classes that allow me to drop him off. We're anxious on one hand and yet on the other we're thinking he could regress when Aaron is born anyway. We'll just have to wait and see, as frustrating as that can be. It would be nice not to have two in diapers!

We're also trying to work on keeping Nate in his room at night. We've gotten into a bad habit of letting him lay with us (poor us, just wanting some sleep). Some nights are fine and he doesn't even try- others take some coaxing and usually one of us laying with him until he falls asleep. Ugh. Another up and down coaster.

That's about the latest and greatest going on with our household!

No comments: