We've kept busy over the last two weeks or so with pumpkin patches and farm activities. We got a little bit of a break from hot weather so it was enjoyable. We ended up having a good Halloween-though it was doubtful at first. Nate woke up and immediately we noticed he wasn't himself. He felt warm and was lethargic-just wanted us to hold him and watch cartoons. The things that would usually make him jump with joy didn't-he'd sit there like a sack of potatoes. Thinking we weren't going out that night, guilty mommy braved Halloween crowds to try and round up items to make a gift bag instead. Luckily, after two naps and medicine, Nate was back to himself-just in time for trick or treating to start. He wasn't sure at first, but once he noticed what the "knock on the door/candy pattern" was, he got into it :) I couldn't get him to say "trick or treat", but he politely took 1-2 pieces of candy from the bowls and put them in his bag. I think he enjoyed seeing the decorations and lights. We were out only for about an hour. We've got our candy stash purged and hidden away. Looking forward to Nate being more interested in the holiday next year!
I'm now 13 weeks along in the pregnancy-the verge of the second trimester. We had a little scare last week at my appt when a few people couldn't find the heartbeat. I sat and waited for the ultrasound to be available (longest.wait.ever!) The tech was able to find it, however, and the baby is looking good and healthy. In fact, after getting to see the baby's legs and middle section, the tech is making early bets that we're having another BOY! I suppose there's still a margin for error but I believe she could be right. I always had the gut feeling that I was meant to be a mother of boys for whatever reason. Truly happy that the baby is healthy, but feeling guilty that I'm a little bummed about not having a girl. I feel bad for feeling that way. I go back the end of this month and I'm hoping we don't have another scare. It was good to see the baby's development though.
Getting pretty stoked now about seeing my good friend and her family in Oklahoma next week (especially for a weather break!) My boys ought to have some good quality time together.
More another time!
No comments:
Post a Comment