Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mr Clingy!

Nate has started the whole separation anxiety phase for sure! And the parents have started the guilt phase that goes along with it. He's very verbal about letting us know if he wants picked up and clings to our legs if he doesn't want us to go away. Well...at least he knows who his mommy and daddy are for sure now, so in ways its kinda cute :)

We're once again trying to get over colds that seem to happen monthly. However...God has blessed us and has waved "Sleep Sprinkles" over our dear Nathan, as the last three or four nights he has slept through! Bless the heavens! And maybe the humidifier too.

He just had his 1 yr checkup. He's a tall boy for his age, though the doctor would have liked to see him a little chunkier. He's also been okayed to drop the bottle and start on whole milk, but since one of my posts a while ago he still has not warmed up to solid foods yet. In fact, he still isn't eating too much of his jar food either. I try to encourage everything everyday but not making progress yet. I have tons of kinds of different crackers,bars,etc. I bought some Yo Baby yogurt and tried it as well. All we can get down him is his formula, though I'm starting to sneak in some whole milk too. The dr mentioned that by his next checkup in three months, if he isn't eating solid foods by then that he will need to see a feeding specialist. Ugh! He usually gobbles his jar food up so I'd like to contribute teething and being sick to his not eating that at the moment. His teeth that were coming in a while ago are pretty much fully out now!

Thats the latest. Here's to hoping the little guy warms up to food soon!




No comments: